Other dealers and online estimators can supply you with used car values, but our specially trained appraisers take into consideration your car's specific condition. And while online estimates may only provide you with a ballpark figure from market data, we'll actually buy your car after it's appraised.
How we determine your offer
To get an offer on your car, simply bring it to Bob Swope Ford. Your car will be examined inside and out, and we'll give you an offerthat day.
Our car appraisers put your car through a detailed process, ensuring you get a fair and honest offer. The process in determining your offer includes a physical inspection of your car. Since every car is different, our appraisers focus on:
- The year, mileage, make, and model of your car
- Interior/Exterior conditions
- Aftermarket modifications
- Structural damage
- A test drive for mechanical issues
- Your car's Carfax vehicle history report for possible flood or frame damage and any accidents
Using multiple sources of data, appraisers also check general factors that affect any car of similar make and model. Your car is compared against current and accurate market conditions, such as local sales trends and auction data.
Once our appraisers analyze the information, we'll give you a free written offer good for seven days or 300 miles.
Why consider Bob Swope Ford for an appraisal?
We buy cars everyday, and our appraisal can be done in minutes. Bring your car with or without a scheduled appointment to our store. There is no obligation to sell us your vehicle or trade it in.
Selling your car to Bob Swope Ford vs. Selling your car elsewhere
- Bob Swope Ford backs every appraisal with a purchase offer the same day it's appraised
Online estimators only provide used car values with no offer, and many dealers will buy only certain cars
- Bob Swope Ford's specially trained car appraisers physically examine each car to make a written offer
Many online estimators use market data to provide an estimate without making you an offer for your car
- Bob Swope Ford appraisals are free
Selling your car yourself may have extra costs associated, like cost of ownership, insurance, and advertising
- Bob Swope Ford will buy your car the day it's appraised
Selling to a private party can take weeks, and you could be dealing with untrustworthy people
- Bob Swope Ford believes in transparency of our process, allowing you to speak with your appraiser while your car is being inspected
Dealers may play games and not tell you how they create their offer
What to bring with you
Along with bringing your car to Bob Swope Ford, remember to have the following items. If you're missing some of the items required, we still may be able to complete the sale. We will guide you through the process and help you make arrangements to gather any missing items:
- Your car's title and pay-off information
We will need your title to transfer the car's ownership, and it must be provided at the time of sale. All titleholders should be present.
- Valid registration
We must see the car's current registration to confirm that you're the car's owner.
- Valid Photo ID
All titleholders should bring a valid, state-issued photo identification.
- Keys and remote
When selling us your car, it's important you provide us all sets of keys and remotes. If the original keys and remote to the car are missing, we may adjust the offer